Thursday, February 10, 2011

Is Tia Morwy's Hair Weave

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh puntarelle

of you not familiar with chicory? outline of the typical Roman cuisine, are nothing but the tops of chicory, very difficult to find outside the borders of Latium. In the Marche
usually found only cicorione or cultivated chicory that has nothing to do with the mythical puntarelle that both the Romans are crazy. Having married a Roman doc, during the years of engagement, when we were only two and dinners were just an excuse to take him by the throat and get him to marry me, I have tried several times to prepare this blessed puntarelle impersonating the cicorione (which I had carefully cut) for tender shoots of chicory, but of course I have always been discovery. Despite everything he had ever eaten not feel sorry for, he always ended the meal as they do grumbling that the chicory in Rome, do not do anywhere else!


Peering here and there among the market stalls of herbs in my town, a few days ago I came across the typical specimen of the bunch shoots of chicory that you can see in the picture above. Imagine my surprise ! plug from the enthusiasm I shelled out the € 3.80 to the farmer and ran home to groom very carefully the many recipe books that the Roman laws were concerned to give me in order to finally propose to my house even this famous delicacy Roman . Like any self-respecting old recipe, there are infinite variations, I chose a simple one that we reproduce below.
For 2 persons:
sprouts 1 bunch chicory
1 clove garlic
1 salted anchovy
balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil plus a pinch of salt for seasoning
Peel and wash the sprouts for good. I have tried in vain to recreate the characteristic curl that can do the housewives Roman chicory cutting with knives with great skill and appropriate and I are content to cut into pieces of approximately 2 cm. Prepare the sauce in advance to be paid by macerating in oil over the anchovies and finely chop the garlic, cut into large pieces. Pour the sauce over the sprouts add the balsamic vinegar and season with salt.


can not imagine the amazement and surprise my husband to see this beautiful outline stands on our table the other day! His silence as he chewed with taste were more eloquienti any compliment he could give me.
Did you know that chicory is great to clean the liver? all foods have a bitter taste in fact contain substances that help the liver work better and not overloaded, and it is no coincidence that the season of spring is one with plenty of vegetables more bitter as chicory, artichokes and arugula .
will these beautiful sunny days, it will be that winter has really tired, but I already feel spring in the air and my body feels the need to shake off the drabness of the winter months and be reborn, taking away the dross that the long winter has left us not only the skin but also internal organs.
And you already feel the spring? let yourself groped by chicory? I think so!

0 comments:

Post a Comment